About us

We are Intactivists, Lactivists, Human Rights Activists, Animal Rights Activists, but mostly just Mothers who are trying to get through each day with as much love and joy as possible. We are also on a mission to spread as much knowledge as we possibly can to help educate people in better options for being compassionate than what we are taught is "normal".

Friday, May 13, 2011

"Finding Myself"



I hate to use such cliché terms such as “finding yourself” but sometimes I guess clichés became so for a reason because I just can’t seem to come up with a better phrase to describe what I want to say. So, I’m sorry it’s corny but it’s all I’ve got :-)

Finding yourself can be a wonderful and amazing journey. It can also be the most difficult thing you’ve ever attempted to accomplish. For me, finding myself has meant digging deep within my heart and soul and opening myself up to the higher levels of compassion and empathy that I found there. It has meant making the changes to ensure that my son was left whole at birth, to promote tolerance and awareness of all those that are “different”, to eliminate flesh from my diet, to try for baby-led weaning, to co-sleep, to hug-it-out rather than cry-it-out, to use cloth diapers, to make my own cleaning products and incorporate as many reusable things into my daily life as possible.

Many people do not understand that my aspiration for change is coming from a deeper longing to bring more love into the world. I think it all boils down to looking not just at what we are doing but why we are doing it. The choices and changes that I have made have all been with the underlying purpose of increasing compassion in my life and in the lives of those around me. Even if we have to fumble our way through to find what works for us, as long as we try to make the changes in our lives to be towards adding more love, empathy, and understanding to our lives, we’ll be doing alright.

 

1 comment: