About us

We are Intactivists, Lactivists, Human Rights Activists, Animal Rights Activists, but mostly just Mothers who are trying to get through each day with as much love and joy as possible. We are also on a mission to spread as much knowledge as we possibly can to help educate people in better options for being compassionate than what we are taught is "normal".

Friday, February 4, 2011

Why Is The Body Dirty?

So many time our genitals are considered "dirty" by default. Society in general is still so repressed against anything that feels good and damns it as wrong or evil. I used to feel very ashamed of my own body due to some unpleasant experiences when I was very little that were well beyond my control. It has taken a long time to get past the shame and guilt that I felt over something that wasn't my fault.... But, with the help of a wonderful man, I have gotten past much (not yet all) of those feelings. The pleasure that can be enjoyed between two loving people is the most beautiful gift that we, as people, have been given. I equate the mutilation of any child's genitals to be on the level of what was done to me. It is all violating and painful and it's something that later has to be overcome lest it rot away in your mind like a festering sore that only breeds anger and cruelty. Instead of giving our children more things to overcome we should be focused on giving them all the love and care that we can so that they can grow up and share that love. We should encourage them to enjoy life and all it has to offer instead of focusing on the bad. Only in this way can we help promote true happiness and respect among all.

Pain can be the greatest tool used for growth. The only choice in situations like these is what we do with it afterward. Many people choose to become submerged in anger and continue the cycle of perpetuating more pain in others and some of us allow ourselves to become vulnerable enough to really look at it, deal with it and use it to make a difference for the greater good. It hurts for a while but in the long run becoming part of the later group is much more rewarding and help ease the pain over time. Being in the former group keeps us stuck with no opportunity for progress and only spreads the pain like a disease. The cycles have to stop somewhere, it just takes a strong enough person to stand up and say "This was wrong and I won't be a part of it anymore!" My mother taught me that by how she broke away from her family and took the risk of change to create a better life for her and for me. I love and respect her more than I can express for showing me that things can get better if you only take the chance to try. She is the reason that I believe that everything will be okay and that even at the worst of times it will get better if you only allow yourself to believe that it will.

~Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment